Friday, August 27, 2010

Nurturing with Culture

I am proud of our Indian culture and tradition. I really love to be associated with cultural programmes in India and abroad. The richness and diversity of culture is what sets us apart from the rest of the world. All around me I see immensely talented artistes, musicians and performers striving to preserve decaying forms of India art and working tirelessly to popularize our culture. Their determination and dedication for art and craft inspire me to contribute my little bit in promoting and preserving of our rich cultural heritage. I am actively associated with the Uttarpara Sangeet Sammelan as the President of the Organizing Committee. I am privileged by performing poetry recitals at the annual events like Rabindranath Tegore birthday ceremony or various Bengali cultural festivals, sharing the same podium with well acclaimed artistes.
Another deep passion of mine is to bridging the cultures of West Bengal with that of the Bengalis settled in other continents like USA and UK. The North American Bango Sammelan in USA and the recent Bilaat Bangla Utsav assembled Bengalis from the subcontinent and those from USA and UK on one platform to celebrate our deep rooted culture. I consider myself fortunate to actively participate in these processes of reasserting our art and culture at global platforms.

No comments:

Post a Comment